- Classes are situated in units of 2-4 classrooms and have ducted heating and cooling.
- Units are connected by covered walkways and a shared covered courtyard.
- Our school library is a place where students can come to borrow books, do research, play games and use computers and learn about authors and illustrators and how libraries work. Classes visit the library once a week for class borrowing and students can also borrow books in the morning before school and during lunchtimes. The teacher-librarian works with teachers and classes on Inquiry Based Learning – units of work based around a theme. All students in the school are encouraged to participate in the Premier’s Reading Challenge. Our own North Haven Reading Challenge rewards students for the number of pages read during the year with book prizes. A highlight during the year is Children’s Book Week held in August.
- The Gymnasium provides space for Physical Education lessons, dance and sports coaching. The gymnasium is also fitted with a large screen and projector which is available during assemblies for sharing student learning.
- A government grant in 2017 provided funds to refurbish 2 units to accommodate STEM learning.
- All units have improved access to science and technology resources
- Each unit has a bank of 30 laptops and 20 iPads
- Our grounds are regularly maintained
- Students have access to large grassed areas containing a soccer pitch and football goals. Basketball and netball courts are also available
- There are two nature play areas with students access during play times
- North Haven School has a canteen which is operated by parent and friend volunteers.
- The canteen is run in line with the ‘Right Bite’ Healthy Eating Guidelines.
- The canteen holds special lunches and fundraising events throughout the school year
- The staff have access to the staff room and teacher preparation room in the Administration Building. Each unit contains a shared teacher preparation room, a withdrawal room and a general purpose wet area.
- The library resource area has a number of staff working areas which are equipped with wireless internet access.
- All staff have notebook computers and ipads and access to Interactive White boards.
Access for students and staff with disabilities
- The Administration building has been upgraded with ambulant and disabled toilet facilities. All buildings and playground areas have wheelchair and walking frame accessibility.
- A train service to Adelaide operates within easy walking distance from the school.